- 250g eggplant, diced
- 100g green bell peppers, diced
- 100g red bell peppers, diced
- 100g yellow bell peppers, diced
- 250g tomatoes, peeled, de-seeded and pureed
- 200g onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 600g country sausage, thinly sliced
- 100ml olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- salt and black pepper to taste
Wash and peel eggplant, dice, place in a bowl and salt heavily.
Cover with water and soak for 30 minutes.
Rinse and drain thoroughly.
Saute the onions in olive oil until soft.
Add eggplant, red, yellow and green peppers and saute for a further 5-10 minutes.
Add pureed tomatoes, paprika and sugar and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Fry sausage in a non-stick pan with a little oil until cooked and add white wine.
Add to vegetable sauce and stir through.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve garnished with sliced red chili peppers.