- 600g pork loin, cubed
- 300g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 200g baby onions, peeled
- 200g tomatoes, grated
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 25g tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50ml olive oil
- 100ml chicken stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- Combine pork, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, spices, tomato paste, olive oil, chicken stock and seasoning in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place mixture in a casserole dish with tight fitting lid and cook for 90 minutes in oven. Serve with a side salad.
- CHEF'S TIP: A 'tavas' is an earthenware pot. Any type of earthenware pot can be used. You can also substitute the pork for lamp.